We have an obligation to minimize us and maximize Christ. It is to be displayed in the local church.
6 problems that are not immediately apparent to us when we trade in race:
1. The abuse of people and scripture in the name of "race". The category causes us to treat God's word and other people with the wrong assumptions.
2. It's a short walk from positing "race" to practicing racism. It leans to into racism. It assumes that I love people (only) like me.
3. It hinders meaningful engagement with others. It is inherently Ad-Hominem, against the man. Ethnicity is permeable and subject to change; race is non-negotiable and an impasse.
4. It undermines the authority of Scripture. Race (as biology) denies that Scripture defines us and establishes our identity.
5. It causes us to resist the Holy Spirit. It creates a barrier to sanctification and illumination.
6. It undermines the Gospel. If we deny our common ground in Adam, how can we ever find our unity in Christ?
Our fundamental objective is not to build ethnic shrines. Our project in Christ is to be living monuments to the living image of Christ.