11 October 2012

Bad lip reading the first presidential debate

by Dan Phillips

I may or may not offer something more Bibley later but, in the meanwhile, this is simply too hysterical not to share.

Bad Lip Reading is a YouTube channel that takes songs and clips, and supplies dialogue and lyrics as if done by a criminally-bad lip-reader. The result is that the words fit the lips... and make absolutely no sense. Or they make a kind of Bizarro, psychotic sense of their own.

The anonymous, Texas-based producer has done the presidential candidates a number of times. Sometimes a little bias seems to creep in, usually not. Sometimes the language is not such that I'd share here or at my blog, usually not.

In this case, they turn their attention to the last presidential debate. While we may not all agree perfectly on all matters political, I think we can all agree that this is hysterically funny. You don't have to have seen the debate to enjoy it... though that helps.



Dan Phillips's signature


16 comments:

Robert said...

That was hilarious! I can't wait to see what he does with the VP debate from tonight.

Bob Johnson said...

I watched that (several times) yesterday and cannot think of anything I've seen quite so entertaining for a long, long time.

DJP said...

LOL, and this video gets one star!

I think I know who it is. I mean, look at that face.

That, or some equally happy and delightful little elf, always first on everyone's list of party guests.

Merrilee Stevenson said...

That kind of crazy just about sums it up.

I watched it a second time to find the line that made me laugh the hardest. I think instead my mind just spun a cobweb and I need to go shake it off.

Anonymous said...

You owe me a new blouse, Daniel Phillips. I spewed my coffee.

Dan said...

Honest question, in case you forgot: did you choose a custom size for the player when you got the embed code? Share > Embed > enter 410px in the width field > then copy the code.

DJP said...

Thanks, Dan, I didn't (and don't!) think of that. You rock. All better!

candy said...

I saw this the other day and thought it was hysterical. How do they come up with this? So funny.

GrammaMack said...

I choked on the water I was trying to drink. But it was worth it!

Nash Equilibrium said...

That is truly creative - and side splitting!

Kyle said...

Thanks for posting this... I can't imagine that they'll need to dub Biden's words from tonight's debate.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say this in response to every question I'm asked this week...

"…and then when he died they had him stuffed, like that water buffalo…stuffed."

FX Turk said...

I've been defeated. there's no way to come up with a non-sequitur to that video. I can't derail the meta.

... I have disgraced you all ... just as Hitler foretold ...

donsands said...

Excellent humor with a expertise in dubbing.
Thanks for posting this. Lifted my heart after I had a root-canal today. My face is just now coming back to normal, after feeling like my face was a balloon.

***** 5 stars!

Rational νεόφυτος said...

The butterfly landing on Jim Lehrer's finger made this video. That, and his peaceful singing...

Aaron Snell said...

Frank: wrong. You introduced Hitler into the meta. Automatic derail.